10 Things I'm Excited About In 2015
Posted: Jan 19 2015
1. KAIGHT x NURAXI. We are excited to host our first trunk show of the new year with Teresa Robinson of NURAXI. A modern trading post, NURAXI specializes in artisan-made clothing, accessories and home goods made from the finest fibers and sustainable sources. Think luxe cashmere and alpaca sweaters and shawls, and hand-crafted ceramics. Join us on February 7 for a decadent shopping experience.
2. DIARTE. This Madrid-based, sustainable brand makes its US debut this spring. Expect minimalist-chic pieces in luxurious, organic textiles.
3. THOUGHTFULLY MAGAZINE. A new glossy magazine devoted to living a more thoughtful life hits the newsstands this spring. We’re looking forward to thoughtful articles that examine what we eat and drink, the products we use, where we shop and the impact our actions have on others and the environment.
4. LAUREN WOLF JEWELRY. Among the new designers KAIGHT will be stocking this spring, Lauren Wolf is the jewelry designer I’m most excited about. Evidence of her time spent in the mountains of Mexico studying jewelry designe can be found in her use of polished and oxidized silver, as well as the organic shapes that form the basis of her collection.
5. HEIDI MERRICK. I’ve been coveting the designs of LA-based designer Heide Merrick for years and am thrilled to feature her collection this spring.
6. CAPRI POSITANO. I'm excited to bring the essence of the Amalfi coast of Italy to KAIGHT this summer with the Capri.Positano collection of hand-crafted and custom made sandals. Capri.Positano Collection offer classic hand crafted goods that are timeless by combining traditional ‘old world ‘ (artigianale) techniques with modern design interpretation.
7. KAIGHT COLLECTIONS. This season, we expand on our successful line of basic tees to include a full line of easy, wearable staples in organic cotton and hemp. The collection is proudly made in LA.
8. HOME GOODS. We just received our first selection of ceramics in what we hope will be a growing collection of home goods. These Air Plant cradles are sure to spruce up any space.
9. FGI RISING STARS. Each year the Fashion Industry acknowledges and extends their support to a chosen few young talented designers. I’m thrilled to join THE GREEN SHOWS this month as a representative of the Luxury Sustainable Lifestyle Movement at FASHION GROUP INTERNATIONAL’s annual event honoring 9 RISING STAR Finalists, two of whom support sustainability in their designs.
10. CONTINUING TO WORK WITH YOU. Getting to know my customers is the most gratifying aspect of being a small business owner. I love knowing your dogs and watching your children grow up, and I look forward to another year of getting to know you even better.