It's been chilly in the mornings and evenings. Have you noticed? It's that time of year when it's not quite jacket weather, but knowing how to combine the right layers is essential. Below are six key wardrobe pieces that are the foundation of a good fall wardrobe.
1. The classic cardigan. This version by Make It Good apparel is made from a cotton blend so it won't be too warm once the morning chill wears off. It's an easy throw-on piece and it's pebbled texture gives it interest. Plus, it's made in Portland and comes in natural or black.
2. The Ella classic black skinny high-waisted jeans. This wardrobe staple flatters by conforming to your body and lends comfort throughout the day. Features a slimming front panel and contour waistband that eliminates gaps. Vertical plus horizontal stretch for extra comfort. Plus, they are made using an environmentally process that uses less water and produces less waste than traditional denim.
3. Our basic long-sleeve tee has a slim fit through the body making it an ideal layering pieces. The 100% organic cotton fabric feels incredible against the skin. Dyed with G.O.T.S. certified low impact dyes and made in Los Angeles.
4. A classic fedora is the new go-to accessory. The Jackson Fedora in gray is made from 100% Merino Wool and salvaged leather. Made in the USA.
5. The Ally Maxi Cross Body Bag is not too big, not too small, but just right. As a customer recently remarked, it is thoughtfully designed with the right amount of pockets and interior pockets. Large enough to fit an iPad, but sleek enough to double as an evening bag. Ethically made in India from Eco-Hunter Leather. Eco-Hunter leathers are tanned using natural solutions, and virtually unsealed at the end of the tanning process.
6. The Emerson Fry Ankle Boot is a practical flat boot. Adds polish and sophistication to any outfit (and you can walk all days in these!). Made in Italy.